Complimentary Therapeutic and/or Deep Tissue Massage available. Contact today for an appointment.
Henna is an ancient art form that is still practiced today by men and women, young and old. Henna (Mehndi) is a dye prepared from the plant Lawsonia inermis. These temporary “tattoos” are a form of body art, associated with a distinctive deep orange-red color and intricate patterns on the hands, arms, legs, feet & more resulting from the staining of the skin from the dyes. Stain lasts for about 1-2 weeks and stains darkest on the hands and feet because the skin is thicker and retains more heat.
1. Let it dry-The paste begins to dry 15-20 minutes after application.
2. Keep it on- The paste should be left on the skin for 6-12 hours.
3. Don’t wash- Keep the paste on and avoid water for 6-12 hours.
4. Be patient- The longer the henna is applied, the darker the stain will be.
5. Stay warm- Warmth opens your pores and allows henna to soak into your skin.
6. Apply oil- After 6-12 hours use oil to crumble off the henna.