At Harmony Massage & Spa, we understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE OR SPA TREATMENT
Please arrive for your appointment (massage only) 5 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to go over the appropriate client health history brief (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All massages and spa treatments have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives the spa enough time to fill the slot. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times (2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives the spa enough time to fill the slot. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times (2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services. Clients that same day cancel or same day no call/no show at our discretion will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. Pre-paid vouchers will automatically be redeemed by clients that no call/no show to a scheduled appointment.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies via email, we ask that you read the consent information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Harmony Massage & Spa Massage therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Harmony Massage & Spa Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent and therapist approval.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
We DO NOT offer refunds on Gift Cards or Retail